Introduction to Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
|Introduction to Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana|
- The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) was launched by the Government of India on 25 Dec 2020 to provide connectivity to unconnected habitations as part of a Poverty Reduction Strategy.
- It is a nationwide plan in India to provide good all-weather road connectivity to unconnected villages.
- This scheme is funded by the Government of India and was introduced by the then-Prime Minister Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The PMGSY is under the authority of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- The Ministry of Rural Development along with state governments is responsible for the implementation of PMGSY
- The PMGY has a budget of Rs. 5000 crore.
- It has resulted in the up-gradation of a considerable amount of people's lives.
- According to the latest figures made available by the State Governments under a survey to identify Core Network as part of the PMGSY programme, about 1.67 lakh Unconnected Habitations are eligible for coverage under the programme.
- It involves the construction of about 3.71 lakh km. of roads for New Connectivity and 3.68 lakh km. under up-gradation.
- Of 1.7 lakh habitations with a population of above 500 in the plains and above 250 in the hilly areas planned to be connected by all-weather roads, 82% were already connected by December 2017 and work-in-progress on the remaining 47,000 habitations was on track for completion by March 2019.
*Source- Books, Internet, Self-Analysis
Post a Comment